1.02.2010

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010!!!

Well 2009 is gone. 2010 is here. Which leaves me here... where am I going this year? What will I do? Will I impact a soul for Jesus Christ? Will I be led somewhere that necessarily I don't want to go? I don't really know what 2010 will bring (duh! hahaha), but I do know that wherever I go God is with me. Holding my hand, walking with me side by side. We don't have to worry or be afraid because God is with us. He cares for you and desires you and wants to be with you.

2010 is going to be a great year. I want to start off strong, but most importantly I want to end this year strong. All the things that happened last year are over with and in the past. Its time to focus on the present now and forget about everything else.

A lot of people have resolutions and things they want to do this year. Most of the time the first month people are excited and pumped and ready to get after whatever their resolution is, but then they slowly lose their flame and their fire and it doesn't matter anymore. I have goals for this year. Goals that are placed within my heart, but if the Lord chooses something else for me to accomplish then I am willing to let go of my goals and my desires and my dreams in order to have His and do them. My number one goal is to accomplish God's will for my life. This year I want to listen to His still, small voice.

I love this verse in Isaiah, "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." 30:21 That verse is the one I am using for the year. I think it is a great reminder that no matter what we do we have a God who will always be there. A God so GREAT and so Loving that when we start to go the wrong way, He will show us the right way and turn us back to Him.

My message to you to start off this new year is to start it off in the right way. To make the most of every opportunity the Lord places before you and to never forget the love of Jesus Christ (the Cross). Remember that it isn't about how you start but it is about how you finish. Finish strong this year. Stand in the faith! Love you all! Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)