1.30.2010

Higher Ways & Life

"As the Heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts higher than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:9

I haven't really thought about this verse much. I've heard it ever since I was a little kid, but it was just a verse. However while reading a book last night I was encouraged to think about this. I learned a good bit while thinking.

Something I learned is that us as human beings see certain things that happen and think, "God, why would You allow that to happen? There's no good in that." When actually it's in the bad that God's goodness comes through. We don't understand why things happen the way they do. It doesn't make sense sometimes, why such terrible things happen to the Lord's children. God spoke to me and let me know that in all things He has a plan. When something awful happens, though it can be difficult to deal with, God has a bigger plan and a bigger thing for that person. We have to push through our difficulties and trials and problems, to get to the good things that the Lord has for us.

I also learned that God is so much bigger than we could ever imagine. I'm sure that seems kind of like a "duh" moment, but I haven't really thought about just how BIG my God is and just how powerful He is. God is SO big and so great and so mighty that really if you can comprehend (to a certain extent) just how big the Lord is, it will bring you to your knees.

If you haven't really taken some thought to the mighty God you serve I encourage you to do so. It has brought me a lot of great things in my heart realizing that God really does have the whole world in His hands!!

I'd also like to ask my blogger family (and Jesus family) to pray for me right now as I am having a tough time in a situation. Just that God's will be done in my life and my heart be softened. Thanks soo much!! You are all amazing! Stay blessed! :)

2 comments:

  1. You are in my prayers Sister in Christ! I am working and praying about my heart being softened in many ways as well <3 All will be well girl, and I know He will show you what's necessary for you to move forward in whatever you are going through.
    Psalm 18:1 I love you Lord, you are my strength.
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. As i get older I see that God is just SO big and has SO MUCH in store for all of us! Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)