1.24.2010

I Don't Know Myself

"O Lord, You have searched me and You know me." Psalm 139:1

That's right ladies and gents, I do not know myself. This might sound crazy (definitely did when I first started thinking about it), but it is so true. My whole life I thought I knew myself. I mean I should since it is me. I can hear my thoughts, I know what I will and won't do, I know what I like and I know what I don't like. But sometimes I learn something about myself I didn't know. However my Creator (God) He actually knows me. He knows everything about me. He knows the things I don't know about myself. That blows my mind! Think about it; the Lord knows everything about YOU. He knows your heart, mind, and every aspect of your life. He knows you better than you know yourself. Maybe you know this, I certainly didn't actually think about it very well or otherwise I definitely would have realized that really I don't know myself.

This is why I think it is so vital to read God's Word and to understand it and to know exactly who you are in Him. I have lost myself to the world many times. I think it happens to the best of us. It's not easy living here where sin is everywhere, but if you are truly grounded in the Lord and actually know who you are in Him (by following His Word and who He says you are) then it will be easier (not saying it will be easy, but it won't be quite as hard) to turn your cheek and keep walking toward Jesus.

I have noticed that I don't know myself in Him that well. I want to, but the world has been sucking me in a little bit. So I'm going to spend a little more time in His Word and learning about who I am in Him and making sure that I have physically rooted myself in God. I challenge you to do the same. It is soo important to know who we are in God. That is our true identity. Hope you're all having a great weekend!! Be blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Nice post, and a great read for my Monday. :) Hope you have a wonderful week, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post....I think it is true...we all dont know ourselves like we think sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! God bless you always!

    Kisses!

    Good week 4 u!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)