1.06.2010

Perspective Change


I read a book called "The Devil's Arithmetic". It's about the holocaust and it tells a story about a girl named Hannah who travels back into the past where she got to physically live in one of the concentration camps.


I wasn't too educated on all the things that went on during the Holocaust, I mean I knew they did horrible things to the Jews, but I really had no idea of how horrible. I definitely got a new perspective on a lot of things while reading this book. It showed me the things I have to be thankful for that maybe I don't even realize are that great of a blessing. It really showed me just how great I have it. I really have nothing to complain about because I am well fed, have clothes, have a home, have a family I can talk to, etc. I am so BLESSED. I didn't do anything to deserve these blessings, the Lord knows that, and yet He has been so gracious to me. That blows my mind.


I would encourage you to pick up this book and read it for yourself. It's not a "happy-go-lucky" kind of book. It is very detailed in some of the things these people went through, but I definitely think it will change your perspective on some things, as it did for me. I hope you all have an amazing day!! Stay blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)