1.12.2010

"Please Stop."

"Please stop."

This echoed in my mind at 8:50pm last night. I thought, hmmm, what could this be about? Is this the Lord's voice or mine? I wasn't sure. Then I thought a little harder, and instantly I know Who's voice it is and exactly what it is about. It was the Lord's voice and the topic? Judging.

See, I have this problem with judging. I used to not have this problem. Somewhere down the road something went wrong and suddenly I'm finding myself judging others (as if I have any right to.) and making comments in my head and occasionally out loud. This bothers me. Why? Because I know the Lord has called me about it. He has called me to love His children as He has loved me, and yet all I seem to do is see their flaws. What is wrong with me? When did I suddenly think that God made me a person on this earth to judge others? I don't know. It's quite frustrating and it really makes me feel horrible.

I love how people like to make it seem as though they have this perfect little Christian life where nothing goes wrong. Maybe that's how it is in La-la land, but in real life that is NOT how it is. In real life junk happens. Does not matter how hard you try for something not to happen, it will. That's the inevitable. The thing is is that we have a great God who takes care of us and won't let our little problems take us down; that is unless we allow that. I learned something yesterday. It came out of the mouth of a football player I was watching yesterday on ESPN and he said, "I am too blessed to be stressed." This absolutely blew me away! I never thought of that. It seems so simple, like any person would know this, but yet I didn't. I have now adopted that as a motto of mine.

Anyway, going back to my being judgemental problem, I went on Biblegateway.com this morning and this verse came up,

"[Sons of God] You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." - Galatians 3:26-28

How easily I forget that. All of us were created by the same God in the same image. So regardless of I feel people should be they are His. We are all His. It is time for me to stand in the calling the Lord has placed on all of our lives and that is to change, be set apart, different from the rest of the world. That's what my goal is right now is to stop judging and love people. That's it. Nothing too complicated here, just loving God and loving people. May not be easy (the Lord know there are people hard to love out there ha ha) but nothing worth having in life is. I challenge you to stand with me. Will you be set apart? Will you choose to be different? I pray you will. Stay blessed and much love to you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I have trouble with this same thing. I find myself thinking or saying things I regret....even if it is only because I feel guilty that I shouldnt feel that way. We are all God's children and he loves us ALL.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)