1.09.2010

Time For A Wedding!!

With each new year comes new resolutions and new things we want to do. We meet new people. Sometimes those new people helps to change us... or maybe we let them change us. I see every year people who start off strong in their walk and slowly fade back into the world. Its sad. That's why I'm trying to keep my feet firmly planted on the Rock and not let the world and the people of the world change me. Sometimes when you accept Jesus into your heart you get so fired up and excited and its like everything you do revolves around the Lord and then suddenly your emotions die down and you lose part of your faith. That's why it is so important to base your faith on Him and His Word and no emotions. Because emotions change all the time and when you base stuff on them whatever "stuff" it is begins to change too.

I think it's time for a wedding. Don't be freaked, I don't mean buy a suit or dress kind of wedding. This is THE wedding of your LIFE. This the wedding of your soul. So many times we forget to say, "I Do." to the Lord. We say, "I'll do... whatever I feel isn't too much for me, when you take away my dreams and desires is when I will say no to You." God is far too big and far too mighty to be told no, as if we humans know better than He.

See, what we need to understand (and slowly I am learning this) is that when God takes away something, its to give you something better. However when you hold something nearer to your heart than Him it seems far too big a price to let go of something. I have learned this. Sometimes I think I'm following the Lord and doing what He wants until He wants to take away something that I want. Then, I feel as though its okay for me to say no, but if you look at the big picture, I don't want what God wants because I think whatever the thing is that I want is better than the Lord and what He wants. Even now that is so hard to type because it makes me feel bad, unworthy, stupid. But the truth is the truth and the Truth shall set you free.

This is a new year. 2010. I am saying, "I do." to the Lord this year. I do want what He wants. I do want to follow Him with all my heart. I do want to do His will.

Are you ready to say "I do" to God? It might be scary at first. And it might be hard, but I know that the problems we face right now will seem SO little when we get to Heaven and see Jesus face - to - face. The only way we get to see Him like that is through a personal relationship with Him. Its not as scary after you begin to build that relationship with Him. Why? Because you begin to see that no matter what - through every trial, battle, hardship, the Lord is with you; holding your hand and standing with you side by side. My prayer is that you accept Him today and say, "I do." If you choose that please leave a comment and let me know because I would love to pray for you. Love you all! Have a great weekend!

"For your Maker is your Husband- the Lord Almighty is His name- the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; He is called the God of all the earth." -Isaiah 54:5

1 comment:

What ya' got to say? :)