2.24.2010

Calling All The Ladies!

Hey all! Not to exclude the guys, but I figure a book intended for girls wouldn't interest you. If it does, read on! ;)

I finished reading this book last night. It's called Redefining Beautiful by Jenna Lucado. Jenna is a wonderful writer. I enjoyed reading this book so much. It opened my eyes to a lot of the things I struggle with are not just things that I struggle with, but that girls around the world struggle with.

This book opened my eyes to the fact that maybe that person who acts so mean to me is struggling with the way she looks. Maybe she has a tough situation at her home where she is being abused; sexually, mentally, or physically. You never know. That's why we are all called to love.

If you are a young lady or a woman and you don't know you're beautiful I want to remind you right now that you are. I encourage you to get this book because I think it will help you if you have a low self-esteem or just don't know that you are loved by a King. Also, I encourage you to dive into God's Word. Start with Psalm 139 and read it over and over if you have to until you believe it. I found that praying Psalm 139 helped me a lot. You are fearfully and wonderfully made by the Creator God and He loves the way you look. He loves the curves you have, the cellulite that you hate (I'm with you on that ;), the space between your teeth, the wrinkles by your eyes, your frizzy hair, and everything else! He loves the way you look and better yet He loves your heart and wants to change you from the inside out by His everlasting love. I pray you know you are beautiful and loved by the King.

I highly encourage ladies of all ages to read this book and if you already have, pass it on to someone who hasn't. Love you all! Stay blessed!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome! I so want to read this! I am going ot get it this weekend at the book store! I love when people recommend books!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)