2.21.2010

He Answers & I Know His Will!!

I have been praying and praying and praying for God to show me His will. I was telling Him about how hard life can be and how I just want to do His will and know it all my life. He answered!

Today while I was just doing some everyday things the Lord spoke to me and spoke to me clearly, "My will is for you to love. Love Me, love people, and do things in and through love." Wow! I was blown away by this. Why? Because it's so simple. Nothing complicated or overdone about that. I mean, sure, God has other wills but this like THE will that is relevant in all of our lives.

When the Lord answered me I thought, Surely this can't be it. I mean how is this going to help me in the situation I am in now? And so I though for a minute. Then, I realized that this is the answer to all the problems I've been having. I thought about the hate I have been allowing into my heart the past month and how when I do things I never do them in love much less really love the person I am doing them for. Don't judge me, please. This is me being real and honest with you. I'm still a baby in Christ and have much to learn and grow in Him. I know I don't have all the answers and that I have a vital need for my Savior. :)

I want you to think for a second about the people in your life, the ones you like and the ones you don't. Think about the work you do everyday. Maybe you, like me, complain as you're doing this work or maybe you are near that person you don't like and don't even try to show love to them. As I am starting to do hard things I have learned that I have to try and I believe that the hard thing God has placed in my heart to do is love those who maybe aren't the easiest to get along with. I haven't tried to love someone I don't like, I just avoid them. Sometimes that helps and sometimes it doesn't. I have no right to say who should be loved and who should not be loved. All I really and truly can do is - love.

Love really is the answer for all my problems. Not just any love, but Christ's love. His love sustains me and gets me through and that is what everyone needs (whether they want to admit it or not) is Jesus' love in their life. I want to challenge you this week to love someone who you don't always want to love. If you want to walk the walk then you need to walk the same as Jesus did on earth (something else the Lord taught me today. :) Jesus lives a life of love and we shall do the same if we are really followers of the Lord. I will be on this journey right along with you. We need each other in this fight of faith. I pray you have a wonderful week filled with all of God's blessings.

P.S. If you are still waiting for God's answer to your prayer, keep your head up and your faith up. The Lord always answers prayers. Sometimes not in the way we think He should and sometimes not as soon as we would like, but He answers. :) Stay blessed!

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Great post fot this night i really need a god's answer. God bless you evermore!

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Is Love! Love is the main message of the Gospel-- the Good News is that God so loved the world. And thank God for that love. True love requires so little effort. Hate is difficult--it requires a lot of work and energy. When we hate a person, we become a slave to that person through the effort required to hate them. We don't hurt them with our hatred, we hurt ourselves.
    Love liberates us and through genuine love we are truly free.
    Praise be to God
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. People unfortunately are taught some much untruth about God' will, especially in how to "find it" for certain particular situations. We may do what we want to do based on our experiences, education, background, personality, etc. as long as it does not conflict with his revealed will in the bible and it is for His glory. (I Cor 10:31) Obviously it is not God's will that we commit adultery, he has clearly revealed his will about that nor could we do that to His glory. Prov says that we make our decisions yet it is God to directs our steps. Glad you posted that. It is refreshing and a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "My will is for you to love. Love Me, love people, and do things in and through love." I loved this part! So awesome!!! Hope you had a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is where I am as well. Love can really do alot and it is indeed what we are called to do.
    Thanks for the reassuring words at the end! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)