2.19.2010

A Must Read!!

I just finished reading this book, 'Do Hard Things' by Alex & Brett Harris. I have learned so much from God through this book. It's an amazing book. It's the type of book that after you finish it you feel like you've had a nice cold drink of water after being in the desert for days.

While I was reading it God began to open my heart and my eyes. He has been teaching about stepping out of my comfort zone and doing the "hard things" that He has for me to do. I learned that though doing hard things, the things that aren't that popular to do, is an uncommon road and isn't traveled much, but if you rely on God and believe He has a plan for you, you can do it. Not on your own, you will need God and His strength and you will also need someone to go on the journey with you- someone to support you. If you try and go it alone you won't go very far because God has placed people in our life for a reason. There are certain people we need to encourage us as we go along on this journey of faith and to reach our goal of glorifying God and going to Heaven.

If you are a teenager I encourage you to read this. If you have a teenager I encourage you to get this book for them. And if you aren't, I encourage you to read this. This book may be made for teens by teens, but this will benefit an adult as well. There are so many truths in it and so much you can from God through this book if you read it. I highly recommend this book to you. Go find it at your local bookstore or library. If your library doesn't have it then you can request it to be gotten. You can also get it at most Christian book websites among others. This really is a must read in my opinion. God will change your outlook on life and what you are doing and what you aren't. It has helped me to see that I can do hard things and impact the world for God's Kingdom, but what if all of us together did hard things? What impact would that make on the world? I think it would be HUGE! If you would like more information on the authors go here. Have a blessed weekend and happy reading! :)

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful weekend.
    God bless you and your family,

    Mr. and Mrs. Geezer

    ReplyDelete
  2. After such a strong recommendation I will have to research the authors. I have never heard of them, so their perspective would be of interest to me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will recommend it to all my high school students. I am so glad we have people like you to spread the Truth of God's Word.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)