2.12.2010

My Broken Heart

Yes, my heart is broken. Broken for who? People. Who are these people? Well, I'm not sure. Maybe this sounds stupid, but it is true. My heart is just broken for people. People who are hurting, deeply. People who wish there was someone out there who loved them, yet no one reaches out to them to let them know that someone does. People who cry themselves to sleep because a parent or significant other has left them and they don't know if they if they are coming back or not. Yes, my heart is broken.

This weekend we will all be celebrating Valentines day. The day people will reach out to someone and let them know they love them. My thoughts wander to whom will let these hurting people know they love them and not just them, but God loves them too. When did we decide in our society who is to be loved and who isn't? I am no better than anyone else. I am just as unworthy and in need of God's grace as the next person. God calls His children special, so why don't we treat each other this way? I see people with a lot of hate in them. Hate from people who hurt them. "Hurting people hurt people." Yes, they do because their hurt reaches so deep that they feel by hurting other people they will feel better. And they don't.

I was once one of these hurting, hateful people. God healed me and changed me of that. He transformed me. I often think about just how blessed I really am just to know that Jesus loves me. Some people don't know this. However, everyone needs to know this. Who will tell them?

This Valentines day I have one challenge for you. Actually two challenges for you.  Tell someone you love them. That's the first challenge. It's important for people in our lives to know we love them. Challenge 2 is to tell someone who doesn't know they are loved that they are. This challenge may be difficult because we don't always have a person in our life that doesn't know they are loved. But if you get close to the surface of a person I'm sure you will someone who doesn't know they are loved whether it be at school, in your church, at work, or on the street. People are hurting and we as Christians have the chance to help change that by telling them about the One who has loved them even before they were born and will love them forevermore.

If you are one of those hurting people I want you to know that God loves you. He loves you more than you can ever know and He loves you through and through. No matter what you have done, how you've messed up, God will always love you. His Son, Jesus, He died for you just so that you can be forgiven and live with Him forever in Heaven. Only if you accept Him into your heart. You can pray the prayer on the side of my blog {in pink} and accept Jesus into your heart. Leave me a comment if you did so that I can pray for you.

I read this verse two days ago and I think it fits well here :
"The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water whose waters do not fail." - Isaiah 58:11

Believe that truth. Have a blessed Valentines day!! Love you all!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Going out on a limb here because I don't know you, and haven't read all your posts (yet...)....but, let me ask you...do YOU know you are loved by PEOPLE??? Not just God, but are there people in your life who you KNOW love you??? I went for years not feeling loved at all by anyone. When my 2nd husband left I found the fullness of God's love for me. I thought that was all I would every want/need. I have found since that time that He really did mean it when He said, "It's not good for man to be alone." He meant for us to love and be loved by other people. PLEASE forgive me if I'm projecting my own hurts onto you....I just wanted to ask the question to be sure.

    You are loved. Thank you (again) for your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog...and for letting me know you KNOW!! Unfortunately I have all too much experience with not having a dad...enough for the memoir I'm currently working on.

    Thank you again for sharing your heart. :D

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)