2.11.2010

Where's Your Joy?

Joy.

Something that everyone wants to have, but yet so many of them don't know how or where to get it. Some people think it comes from a spouse  or whoever they "hook up" with. Others think it comes from material things. And still others think it comes from parties and drugs and drinks. None of these things are where joy comes from. It might make you happy for a bit, but it won't last and it won't be joy.

I want joy. You want joy. All of God's children want joy. They want to be happy. Some people think God wants them to be happy regardless of what it is. But I am going to shock you here, God does not want you happy. Yes. Read that again. Here let me explain, God wants the best for you, but that doesn't mean it will make you happy. At least not right off the bat. Sometimes we think God will let us have whatever we want as long as it doesn't hurt anybody, but that's not true. There have been times when I wanted to do something or have something, but it wasn't in God's will for me. If I try and go after what I want then there will be so many missed opportunities that God had planned for me but since I didn't follow His will they didn't come.

Isn't it so hard to let go of what you want in order to do God's will? I would be lying if I said it was easy because it isn't. It gets hard. Part of being a human being means that I will want what I want, not what God wants, but part of being born again means that even though my flesh might want to do my way, my spirit wants to please God and glorify Him by doing His will. And when I do the Lord's will guess what, I experience joy.

Real joy. True joy. It comes from the Lord. Not from people or things, but God. Sometimes I don't think I have any joy and just by spending some time with Jesus my joy is restored and renewed and I remember just how truly blessed I am and just how incredible my God is. I pray that you experience joy today that you know can only come from the Lord. Where is your joy? Find it in Jesus Christ. He loves you!! Be blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Amen! Hope you are well. we are anticipating about 2 inches of snow here tomorrow. We are waiting for them to call off school. Maybe they will..lol. Hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Exactly! I have truly expierenced God's joy. My mom was diagnosed with colon cancer last year and the Lord had been an ever present joy and comfort to us! God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. that is so true. I can really relate to the fact that sometimes we want something different from God's plan and it sure is hard but there is only 1 source of joy.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)