3.01.2010

40 Day Fast

I have started a forty day fast. From March 1st - April 9th I will be fasting sweets while praying for the leaders rising up, and pray as well, that I am one of them.

Let me tell you, you don't realize how much sweets are a part of your life until you cut back on them and then it's like, how did I let myself get so dependant on this? Oh yeah, that's right. It tastes good. :) Spiritually and physically I think this will be good for me. One, who doesn't need to spend a little extra time with the Lord? And two, who doesn't need to step away from sugar (or something) for awhile?

I wanted to ask you (my dear blog friend) to join me in this fast. You don't have to fast sweets, but just fast something. I have heard suggestions of fasting meat. Maybe you should fast tv or bread, etc. Just pick something that won't be easy and won't be too/too hard (so hard that you know you won't stick with it) and begin fasting. I would love for you to join me in praying for the people rising up to lead others in our Country. This is very exciting! I cannot wait to see what the Lord does!! Stay blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you on your fasting!! Thats wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. I'll definitely consider that. Giving up sweets for me would really be a sacrifice because I've gotten so dependent on them as well.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)