3.28.2010

Are You Ready?

"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words." - 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

God's Word says that these are to be words of encouragement, but most of the time they are words of fear for a lot of us. Why? Because some of us are not ready for the final coming of the Lord. It can be scary if you don't know where you are going which is why it is so super important for us to be 100 percent sure that we are going to Heaven with the Lord.

I was thinking about this this morning. I decided to be honest with myself and ask if I were going to die right now where would I go? Well, if I'm being totally honest I would say I'm not sure where I'm going. There is some sin in my life that I have now repented of, but at the time I hadn't. It will be a process of avoiding a situation that may cause me to sin. I have to remember what is most important in my life. Doing God's will and delighting in Him, that is important to me. Pursuing God with everything I've got is what is important to me. I want to please the Lord so bad and if this is my attitude throughout life then when temptation comes I will have a better grasp on what truly matters; not what I want, but what the Lord's wants.

If you were to die right now, where do you think you would go? If you aren't sure then that's probably a sign that something is in your life that is holding you back from doing God's will and being sure of where you are going. I know that no one wants to go to Hell. Not a soul on earth wants to endure that torment. We all would love to go to Heaven and spend the rest of eternity with Him, but it takes work and taking up our Cross each day, denying ourselves and living for Christ. I know it's not easy, but always in the back of my mind God is saying, "It will be worth it. Keep going. You are not a quitter. You are a great person of faith and you are Mine. Keep serving Me." That's what gets me through. When trials strike, when sin comes into my life, I don't always repent right away, but eventually instead of blocking out God's voice I listen to it.

I want you to go to Heaven. I want you to know the Love of your life and soul. His name is Jesus and He died for you. He took the sin that we all have done and laid it upon a Cross for the whole world to see. That is true love. He wants you to know that you are dearly loved by Him and that there is nothing in this world that can EVER stop Him from loving you. However if you don't repent from sin when you die you will be separated from Him forever. That would be a tragedy. The great thing is you still have time. You have the present, the "right now" and if you repent of all you have done, all the sins that have caused you so many problems and give Jesus your life you will be forgiven and have a new life. It doesn't matter what you have done in the past all that matters is what you are doing now and what you will do in the future. If you haven't accepted the Lord into your life or you want to rededicate your life then you can pray the prayer on the side of this blog (in pink) or you can just speak from your heart to the Lord.

Congratulations!! You are now a new creation in Christ!! You now have an eternity in Heaven to look forward and you now have Someone to live for other than yourself. This will be the best, hardest, most rewarding journey of your life. If you accepted Jesus please leave a comment below that I may pray for you during this time. Be blessed!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the witness for Christ you provide, helping others to know the blessing of forgiveness and eternal life with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EASTER GREETINGS FROM THE OLD GEEZER

    I PRAY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY CELEBRATING RESURRECTION SUNDAY.

    HE IS RISEN!

    GOD BLESS YOU, RON

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)