3.24.2010

Banks in Heaven?

"It seems we believe there's banks beyond earth (that's crazy.)" - Lecrae

Ha ha! Every time I hear that line in Lecrae's song I laugh... and then I remember how true it is. People spend their whole lives searching for that next dollar. Honestly our salvation is of more worth than money. Nobody talks about that though. Nope. We talk about what "success" is and call it having a dream job that pays well.

Let me tell you, there are so many people in this world that are as rich as ever and don't have a dime. Why? Because Jesus will make you richer than paper money ever can. I'm still learning that, but I know for sure that money doesn't solve much. Sure, it might help with a few problems here and there, however sometimes there seems to be more problems because of money.

People fight over money, gamble for money, steal to get money, etc. I feel sorry for these people. It seems to me that money is given too high of a standard. People get selected (or not) because of how much (or how little) money they have.  Money is made an idol or a god in people's lives. It held extremely high for something that simply pays for food or clothes. Then again, maybe that's the root of the problem, what people get for their money can make them "popular" or not. Maybe that's why people love money.

In Matthew 19:16-30 there is a very interesting and good story about a rich man who came up to Jesus and asked Him how he could get to Heaven. Jesus told Him to follow the commandments and listed some of them and the man said he had done all of them and if he still lacked something. Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor and you will have treasure in Heaven. Then, come follow Me." (vs 16-22) The man went away sad because money meant so much to him that he couldn't give it up. "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God." (vs 23)

Jesus said it was hard, not impossible. I think once we get our priorities straight we would see clearly what truly is of worth and what truly is not. I get my priorities so out of whack sometimes. I find things important that shouldn't be that important. The Lord has been teaching me about what real richness in life is. And it isn't money. There won't be banks in Heaven. God isn't going to have a place where you can store all your possessions and money that you didn't use on earth. It will be a glorious place free of all of that stuff. Why not give a little extra money to someone in need? Why not help out that person that's having trouble making bills? Times are hard, but if we follow the Lord's path and stick together as the body of Christ we all will be made better for it and our lives will be rich because of it. Hope you're all having a really blessed week!! Jesus always loves you! :)

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't mind some more money for some of the things I want, but praise God I've got everything I need.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! It is so tragic what men will exchange for their souls. You are so right!

    I have a friend once make this statement, He found it sad, what most Christians would rather have than their money. Meaning we part with it so easily and foolishly sometimes. It will not buy happiness.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)