3.12.2010

Don't Stop Dreaming!!

We grow up in a world that is very confusing at times. When we are kids we think we can do anything and everything. After all we hadn't had the time to stop and listen to the people who tell us we "can't do this" or "that is a dumb idea, why would you want to do that?" and before long you learn to stop dreaming big because there isn't really a reason to dream about something you can't do.

I feel sorry for people who buy into that lie. I once was one of those people. Deep down I was still a little kid at heart but because growing up I was always told that you don't really dream about things that you don't can't or won't ever happen. I'll tell you a little secret dream that I had, I wanted to be a singer. Yup, I wanted that really bad. Now this was before I discovered that I couldn't sing (wow, that was a disappointing day, ha ha) so I thought I really had a shot at it. I remember it just like it was yesterday that I went over to a neighbors house and she asked the question everybody asks little kids, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I thought for a minute and then replied, "I want to be a singer." That was a bad idea because as soon as I said that she gave me a look (it wasn't very nice look as I remember) and said that wasn't "very realistic". And BAM! My dreams were somewhat crushed. I say somewhat because I don't like giving people the satisfaction that I hold their opinion so high that if they tell me something is stupid and wrong or whatever that I would drop what I was planning on doing or was doing and stop. Nope. I didn't do that. I don't do that. This may be wrong, but it is the way I am.

Sooner or later I did however stop dreaming big dreams for a while. I still had small dreams, dreams that I know can and will come true if they are part of the Lord's will but the bigger dreams I let go of because I didn't believe anymore that anything is possible. That is until I became a follower of Jesus Christ and began realize that God is SO BIG that all of us can dream dreams as big as the sky and if they are in God's plan they can come true. I learned that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." and while I was learning about this (and really, still am) I felt as though I just drank the coolest and most refreshing  water ever in my whole life. I was finally dreaming big dreams again and every now and then I have to catch myself from thinking, That will never happen. I can't do that. No, I can't do anything myself but Jesus can and through Him I can do all things.

I want to encourage you to start dreaming big dreams again. Don't stop dreaming. Get to know the Dream Giver (God) and let Him know that You give Him your dreams to have His dreams for your life come to pass. He is so Big and can do anything and everything. Never doubt Him. He loves you! Have a blessed weekend! :)

:::What is one of your "big" dreams from past or present? Leave a comment! Would love to hear all about it.:::

5 comments:

  1. Gospel Driven DisciplesMarch 12, 2010 at 12:58 PM

    Psalms 37:4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! My dream is that all my friends and family chose to accept Christ as their personal Savior! I hope you have the best weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreaming...is a blessing! I love to dream and go further in my life!! yay!! But we must never stop dreaming~

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dream is to see the dreams of God to be realized in my life.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)