3.16.2010

Truly, I Am Blessed

"This is the day the LORD has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24

That is my verse for the week. I've heard that verse so many times I can't even count, but I've never really taken it to heart. Or for that matter even thought about it. But Jesus brought this verse to me on Sunday and with that He began to speak to me.

The Lord has been showing me my attitude the past few weeks, months and how I have been walking around with no joy or love in my heart. I've been moping. Acting like I am not the blessed person I am and acting like I don't even know Him. He began showing me that maybe I don't know completely who I am in Him and how maybe I need to dig deeper into His Word and press into Him and get to know Him and who I am in Him.

Something I have learned and am continuing to learn is that each day I wake up I am blessed. I can always find one thing(s) that I am blessed with or by. However I am saddened to say that many days I don't do this. I pay attention to the things I don't have instead of paying attention to the things I do have. Slowly but surely God is taking me on a process of changing my attitude and heart and mind.

Today I woke up and at first I was dreading today, then I remembered that I have so many blessings in my life I can't even count them. Consciously I told myself that this is the day that the Lord has made and I can rejoice and be glad in it. I feel extremely refreshed by this and my heart is glad because of the Lord. I want to remind you that no matter where you are God will meet where you are at and He will change your whole life. He has mine.

Truly, I am blessed. Have a wonderfully blessed week!!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Amen! We are always under construction

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all under construction. It would be nice I think sometimes to see the finished project, oh wait I got to die to do that. Hmmmm.

    You might find my Thursday's post helpful. It is tough to do as Paul writes, Rejoice, again I say rejoicde always...

    I know - this period of testing makes it difficult, yet I am to rejoice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This morning I had a wake-up call in the form of an earthquake. A reminder to me that God is protecting me and my home. With the devastating earthquakes that have happened of late, I was shaken into hearing God speaking to me.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rejoice and be glad in it!!! I love it! Makes me get through the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not Perfect-Only Forgiven has been awarded the "Sweet Friends" award by the Gospel Driven Disciples. You can pick up your award and read your nomination write up tomorrow at the Gospel Driven Disciples site.

    Thanks for all you do to bless the Gospel Driven Disciples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brother Gregg and Brother Lee nailed it and I can only say Amen!!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)