4.23.2010

Whos Battle Is It?

God revealed something to me this morning that was simply amazing.

While I was reading 2 Chronicles 20 this morning I read this, "Thus says the Lord to you, 'Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God's." (vs. 15)

King Jehoshaphat was about to have a major war on his hands. People from Moab and Ammon were about to start a battle against King Jehoshaphat and I'm sure the King was pretty worried about what was about to go down. However he humbled himself and sought the Lord and the Lord told him not to worry because the battle wasn't his, but God's. And guess who ended up with their butts kicked? All the people who were going against Jehoshaphat and God.

There is so much that I have learned from this chapter in Scripture. One, I have learned that the battle really is God's and all I need to do is "stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you." (20:17) So many times I worry about what is going on in my life - the problems I'm having, the situations I'm facing, the difficulties that are coming and it's like the whole world is on my shoulders. Then, God rocks my heart by reminding me that the battle isn't mine, but His. Our problems each day, we don't have to face on our own, God is with us. It's important we remember that and trust Him. That's really what it comes down to is trusting God even when we are facing obstacles.

The second thing I learned was that God keeps His promises. He didn't just tell King Jehoshaphat that He'd take care of it and then leave him high and dry, the Lord kept His promise and delivered King Jehoshaphat and his people. I forget way too often that God is a faithful God and when it feels like something may not turn the way God said it would, I just have to remember that He works all things out for the good of those who love Him. That is Truth and that what we must cling through as we go through life each day.

Remember today that God is faithful in doing what He says He will do and that the battle is not yours, you do not have to go through it alone, God is with you. Have a blessed weekend!!!

5 comments:

  1. The challenge we all face is the balance in the battle. Some would advocate, just turn it all over to God and he will do it all.

    We have our responsibility to perform, yet we must fulfill our responsbilities in total dependence on the Holyh Spirit to work in us with the strength that God provides.

    That is sometimes quite a tight-rope to walk.

    Thank God the battle is his, and not only is it his, he has already won it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's so amazing! I really love Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fact...the battle is His.
    I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become one as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder. You are so right, we often take the responsibility of our battles and we fail to put them in God's hands. Thanks for a good post and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)