4.30.2010

Why Is It SO Hard?

Why is it so hard?

"What?" You may be asking. Life. Why is life so hard? Why does it have to be so difficult and why does it have to be so draining?

I have been asking myself this the last few days. I have been dealing with a lot of stressful situations and have been trying to trust the Lord the best I possibly can, but still I question why it has to be so hard.

The Lord answered my question on Wednesday. He said, "Life can be hard, yes, but it is so you will appreciate the hard work you have put in and not take your blessings for granted." Yes. That is exactly why life is so hard.

Sure, situations come along all the time for every person on this Earth that are hard and difficult. Situations that lead to blood, sweat, tears, hate, love, etc. I've been thinking over some of the things I've been through that have been hard and really looking back I have found that I really have to appreciate and be thankful for the things that I worked hard for and the things that God has given to me. It helps me appreciate both what I work for and what I don't work for.

It's kind of like when a woman gives birth, it is painful while you are going through it, but once you see that little face (or in this case, that hard work that paid off) you forget all about the pain and simply love.

I am reminded of this verse in Colossians 3:23, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Whatever you do. Not just the good times and not just the bad, but whatever you are doing or going through work at it with all your heart as if you are working for the Lord (which really, that is what we are doing) and not for men.

I encourage you to continue in your hard work. Whatever it may be. Maybe losing those last few pounds or trying to get a promotion or taking care of your family, continue in those difficult and trying times because when you finally lose those last few pounds, land that promotion or make it through the difficult time with your family you'll appreciate all that work and you'll also appreciate what God has given you. God bless you!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Smile Jesus Loves You (sorry I don't know your name)

    I didn't see a email available on your profile?

    I just wanted to thank you for your recent comment on my Blog Topics post.
    I thought there were some interesting comments on that subject and appreciate your input. Your comments are always welcome.

    Thanks again

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspirational and uplifting message. God bless you. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is exactly what i needed to hear, i love you girl!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)