4.14.2010

With All My Heart

“LORD God of Israel, there is no God in heaven or on earth like You, who keep Your covenant and mercy with Your servants who walk before You with all their hearts." 2 Chronicles 6:14

I read that verse yesterday and God brought something new to my eyes and to my heart. Sometimes I wonder why it seems that I'm not doing the Lord's will "right". God usually reveals to me what is and isn't His will for my life each day (only when I don't listen to His voice do I not know what is and isn't His will.) but sometimes I just don't ever seem to get it right when it comes to following Him and serving Him. Then I realized what it is - I don't always serve God with all my heart. I serve Him with a little bit of my heart and part of my heart, but I don't always serve Him with my whole heart.

Deep down sometimes I want what I want and what really is sad is that I know God's will and His way is best for me, but sometimes I just want to be selfish. Is that wrong? Probably. Is it how I feel sometimes? Most definitely. 

What God has been teaching me is that His grace is sufficient for us all and that even when we have those days where we want to live for ourselves and be selfish, He forgives us. The most important thing to do when we have one of these days is to recognize it and rebuke that, ask God's forgiveness and start doing God's will. I want to live for God with all my heart each and every day. Do I always do that? No. But God is so great that He forgives me and allows me to start fresh. His mercies are new every morning. His mercy His everlasting. His love for us is so great that nothing can separate us from it. 

This week I'm challenging myself to live for God with all my heart and serve Him with every fiber of my being. If you would like to join me in this challenge feel free too. Always remember that it doesn't matter where you've been, it matters where you are going and God forgives you for everything you have done in the past. Have a blessed day!!

3 comments:

  1. This is so true. We really have to consciously decide to serve God with All our hearts each day because as you said, often times we really just want what we want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I there! I sure hope you don't mind, but I have featured your blog on my website for a girls' youth group I'm getting started called Living in Light Youth. Your blog has done much in my life and I pray it reaches others, and I wanted to include it :)
    This is the site: http://www.livinginlightyouth.weebly.com
    :)

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)