5.17.2010

Same Kind of Different As Me



I just finished one of the most amazing books. Same Kind of Different As Me by Denver Moore & Ron Hall is one incredible book. God touched my heart so much while I was reading this book.

Denver Moore was a homeless man, who had never been to school, didn't know how to read, and therefore never read a book, but while I was reading this book the amount of wisdom he has is just incredible. Definitely God is using this man to touch people.

Ron Hall was a wealthy man who sold paintings for a living and had a beautiful wife named Deborah. Little did either one of these men know that that woman would bring the two together and they would build a friendship that lasts forever.

While I read this book I laughed, cried (more like sobbed), thought, etc. It was just an amazing book. I encourage all of you to get this book. God showed me what real faith looks like, that homeless people aren't always as they may appear, reaching out to someone could very well lead them to the Lord and many other things. This book is worth your time and money so please get it. Be sure to pass it along too, because it is a book that I think each person in this world needs to read. Have a blessed week!! Jesus loves you!

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Thank you for recommending Same Kind of Different as Me on your blog! I work with Thomas Nelson, and we would love to follow your blog and hear what readers think of this moving book. I also want to let you know that Ron and Denver have just released a new book What Difference Do It Make? which updates readers on their activity since the first book came out. Please contact me with your mailing address if you are interested in receiving a complimentary copy of the new book for review on your site at your convenience.

    Thanks!

    Jodi Hughes
    JHughes@thomasnelson.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I wish you lived here so you could just pass on all these amazing books that you recommend. It's almost impossible to find the majority of those books here :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, can't wait to find this book! By the way I am following you now! Found you through Gospel Driven Disciples...Blessings :)

    Shannon @Faith, Hope and Love

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)