7.23.2010

Stunned

That is how I feel right now, stunned. Absolutely and totally stunned. Why? Because one of my nearest and dearest friend (more like family) has died.

Memories are so important because really in something like this, they are all you have. I know we will meet again someday in Heaven, but right now we are a part.

My favorite thing about this person (withheld the name for privacy reasons) was that he loved anything cowboy! He loved horses, watching westerns, riding around (even if it was just to the local Target). He was a very special person. He and his wife have always shown the love of the Father really to the extent of me wondering if they were angels. I won't be surprised if I find they were/are.

I would like to ask you to pray for his family and friends please. This is a tough time, but God has a plan and I'm holding onto His promises. Thank you very much! Have a blessed weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to share this with you--"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints."Psalm 116:15

    At first I was very confused by that verse..How is death precious? and then I read this- http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/TasteAndSee/ByDate/1999/1130_Get_Ready_O_Please_Get_Ready/

    It helped me understand so much..and actually be able to rejoice in the death of a believer. Im praying for you, I know how it hurts..this post hits close to home for me. I just hope this scripture, and John Piper's explanation of it helps you find comfort. I will definitely be thinking of the family also!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)