8.01.2010

Change

Since the death of my good friend I've been thinking a lot. God has been teaching me a lot. Don't you just love how after something like this has happened somehow my ears are opened a bit more to His voice?! Maybe it just takes something like this for me to listen.

Anyways, so when someone dies, it makes the people around them think about it as well. So of course that is one thing I have been thinking about. Where would I go if I died right now? What would people say about me? What the Lord say about the way I lived my life? Well, I started reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan and I have just realized that I haven't truly been living my life for God. I've been kinda living for Him, but in all honesty I have been lukewarm. Over and over and over again I've read that verse in Revelation about being spit out of God's mouth if I am lukewarm and yet that didn't stop me from being that way.

The truth is, is that I haven't fully surrendered my life over to Him. At first I thought I had, but I was just lying to myself... and to God (who by the way already knows all, so I really don't know why we think we can cover things up ;) and I am ashamed to say that I haven't been living my life for Him the way He tells us to in His Word.

Actually I've started studying His Word more and in depth and I've realized that if I'm truly living my life the way His Word says to, my life will look way more different from how it looks now.

All this to say that God is changing me. He is showing me how to live my life for Him and how to actually put my faith into action, which according to the Book of James, is the only way you can really have faith. Think about it, if we really believe what we say we believe, then it won't be that we are doing things to get to Heaven (because it's only through Jesus Christ that we get to Heaven), but that we are doing things for others because we believe and we follow and we live what the Lord says.

If you were to die right now, where would you go? I think it's time for us to start living our lives so radically that we don't even have to open our mouths to say we know Jesus, our lives will scream, "I LOVE Jesus!!!". Let's start put our faith into action and loving God with all our hearts, minds, soul, and strength. It will take a lot of sacrificing, but our lives will be so much more worth living that way when we die on earth, but live in Heaven with Jesus! Amen! :) Have a really blessed Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)