9.18.2010

Becoming Like Them

"I have become all things to all men that I might by all means save some." (NKJV) 1 Corinthians 9:22

I read that verse last night and I've heard pretty much all my life, but never really thought about what Paul was saying. However, last night I did. I thought and thought about what he was saying and God revealed to me what he meant.

See Paul was spreading the Gospel EVERY WHERE and ran into a lot of different people and cultures. I like to think of it in today's terms. If you took a pastor from an old country church and took him to the youth of today (teens and college students) some of them might get saved, but the majority probably wouldn't. Why? Because to them that man is not relevant. Not saying that God can't use a man like that to help save some college students because God can do anything, but because we are the way we are it's just not relevant to us.

So what Paul was saying is that he became just enough like them that he could become relevant to them and they would come to Christ.We have to be careful about doing that though, because if we get into the world we might fall in our faith in Jesus Christ.

I think this weekend we should find some way to reach someone who is completely polar opposite to us.Whether it be someone who listens to heavy metal and you listen to pop or maybe someone who way into sports and you just really aren't. Find a way to reach someone and become relevant enough (without sacrificing your soul) to them to introduce them to Jesus Christ. Together we can change this world through and for Jesus - the Savior of the world and of yours and my life! Have a blessed Saturday!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea!
    And I can see it being important, not to just let someone else override who you are, but to search for common ground with them so that you can share something good in your life. Very good thought.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)