9.01.2010

The Gospel of... Me??

Well, first let me start this post off by saying yay for September 1st!! :) It won't be long before the fall is here which is a lot of fun. I really love fall, the colors are sooo beautiful, the clothes are fun ;), the weather is great, it's just so wonderful! :) One of the main reasons I love the weather in the fall is because it's warm during the day and cool during the night. It's the best of both worlds! LOL

Okay now let's talk about what I've been learning. I've been reading Radical by David Platt the last couple weeks and I really have been learning a lot from God through that book. I'm not gonna lie, there have been things that I've had to look at objectively because I've never heard it put in this or that way, but all in all I think most of what he says is very true.

What I learned recently was that we as followers of Christ have turned the Gospel into something that is about us. Yes, God loves us, and yes, God allowed His Son to die on the Cross for us so that we can not only have eternal life, but also to be able to come before the Lord as we are. However, why do we have salvation? To accept eternal life and live for Him. Our main goal in life should be living for the King. So many times I get it all wrong, thinking that as long as Jesus loves me and I love Him it's all good. That's good and all, but that's not following the Word of God. Jesus told us before He left the earth that we are to, "make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to carry everything I have commanded you." -Matthew 28:19&20 I think my mission has gotten messed up somewhere along the way. It has become about me - my wants, my desires, my dreams, etc. not God's wants, God's desires, and God's dreams.

Today I'm getting back to my mission of wanting what the Lord wants, desires, and dreams for my life so that I might further His name and His Kingdom. I pray you will too. We with the help of the Almighty Father can change the world for Jesus Christ. How Awesome is that?! Have a blessed Wednesday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)