11.01.2010

"In Deed and In Truth"

"But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in Him?.. My little children, let us not love in word and tongue, but in deed and in truth." (NKJV) 1 John 3:17-18

I love those verses! I read them yesterday and it just makes me excited and ready to do God's will and follow His commandments! :) I was thinking about them and how a lot of people say the Bible is not relevant with today.. oh really? Because I can promise you there are a lot of people out there who claim to follow Christ and don't fill the needs that they see. I think that part of God's will is for us to see the needs in other people's lives and fill them. How can we truly say we follow Christ and yet not care that our brother or sister is suffering or having problems. We aren't supposed to look the other way or say "well somebody will help them." We must help them ourselves.

It's so easy to love "in word and tongue" but to love "in deed and in truth" is a lot harder. So which love is true? The love that is harder because in order for us to truly love we must be willing to go through the hardest, most exhausting trial, difficulty, whatever; in order to completely love. Or love completely. :)

I have been guilty of soo many times saying that I love my brothers and sisters or saying that I am Christian and will do whatever for Christ and not doing. "Talk is cheap." Whoever said that was on to something. Talk is very cheap. I can say whatever I want to and not mean it. It is only when I back it up with my actions and life that it is true. Not only in the journey of life, but also in my walk with Christ which is the journey to life. I can tell the Lord I want to do what He wants me to do, but if I continue to walk in my own ways then it's just talk. I pray that God will help me to truly love and be an example and not simply talk, but to walk in His ways and commandments and back up what I claim and believe.

This week I am going to look for the needs in others lives and if there is any way possible, fill those needs. I serve a God of the impossible. I no longer pay attention to what the world says is and isn't possible, I know that my God can do whatever He wants in my life. He can do the same in yours. I choose to care. I choose to care about others and what is going on in their life. Will you? I hope you will. Have a blessed Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I had just watched the movie, What Would Jesus Do, it was about this as well. Question is, "Am I a doer of the Word, or just a sayer?".. Thank you for this timely post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your blogger!

    Sometinmes, I try to wright in English on mine, maybeyou can understand something hehe.

    Kisses1

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)