11.11.2010

LOVE yourself, LOVE others!

The Bible tells us to love others as we love ourselves. We can't really do that if we don't love ourselves, right? I see so many people, girls and guys alike, who can't stand what they see in the mirror. They don't understand that God made them the way they are and that they are beautiful.

I've been there before. I used to hate myself. I used to hate the way I looked. I asked myself why I couldn't be skinny like all the girls I hung out with or why I couldn't have their hair, or skin, or whatever. It was one of the toughest times of my life. But soon God began showing me that He made me fearfully and wonderfully (Psalm 139) and that what He sees is lovely. I learned that I am made in His image. So are you. Stop listening to the world. Hollywood likes to tell people how they should talk, walk, look, etc. We're supposed to be ourselves, not someone else. Do you realize how boring it would be if you were like everybody else? If you looked like the people around you? It's our differences that make life interesting.

Whoever YOU (yep, you!) are that's reading this I want to remind you that Jesus accepts you just as you are. In His timing He will change you from the inside out, but all you have to do it let Him. Learn to accept your "flaws". Learn to embrace your...
* big feet,
* crazy hair,
* loud laugh,
* freckles everywhere,
* chubby face,
* crooked teeth,
* squinty eyes.

God has made you uniquely in His image. Your flaws are what make you, you! Don't be afraid embrace them! I am so much more joyful knowing that even though I might be loud, or weird, or uncool, or whatever that Jesus still accepts me as I am. Now I can fully and completely love the people around me. I think part of the problem with the world is that the church is told to love others as themselves, but the truth is is that others don't love themselves so how can they possibly love someone else? Love Jesus. Love yourself. Love others.

Have a blessed day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)