1.28.2011

Do I Know God?


I just finished reading Do I Know God by Tullian Tchividjian and I must say that this book is amazing!!! At first I was kinda hesitant to read it because I didn't want to be told that I don't know God, but I read it anyway because I felt God telling me to and I'm really glad I listened to Him. This book showed me that I honestly do not know God as well as I thought I did.One of my big problems in life has been letting God's love and Word soak into my heart and not just be head knowledge and I've always known that but the Lord used this book to remind me of that.

So anyways, if you've been wondering (and really even if you haven't) if you have a relationship with God or not I strongly suggest you get this book. Tullian puts things very simply, but very profoundly in this book and when I got done with it I almost cried at how God has been using this in my life. There are so many questions that when I got finished with reading it I had answered and some I didn't and now I know that you can't really have faith if you ask why about every single thing (something Tullian points out in this book) because sometimes it just takes saying in faith, "Okay God, I don't get this but You do and You have my back so I'll let You do Your work."

I would definitely call this a must read for anyone who wants their faith to go deeper or to just get started. God bless y'all!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks! I think I will take a look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I heard of this book. Sounds like a must read.

    Your blog was 2 cliks from mine and I'm glad I came across it. I really enjoyed reading your blogs. Keep letting God move you. It's an awsome feeling when you can feel the Spirit moving through you.

    I just started blogging and would like for you to read and follow my blog. You can find me at

    lifeasafull-timemommy.blogspot.com

    BE BLESSED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you ever coming back? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)