6.27.2011

Giving Him Your Best In Worship...

Today I want to talk about worship. We are to worship God with our lives. But today I want to talk specifically about worshiping God through music.

Yesterday at church I had a lovely woman come up to me and say, "I love watching you worship. It makes me smile." I said thank you and moved on very happy and encouraged. A few years ago I was really shy and ashamed in my worship. I didn't want to lift my hands or sing too loud (because my voice is well... challenged at times haha!) and so I sang as low as possible without being silent and never closed my eyes or lifted my hands for fear of being judged. Then, I realized... it's not about who is lifting their hands and who is not, or who is swaying back and forth and who isn't, its about worshiping God with all I've got.

John 4:23 says, "Yet a time is coming and has now come when worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks."

God seeks people who will worship Him, not like everybody else, but in their own individual way with absolutely everything inside of them. Both through music and their lives. He wants us to worship Him in His Spirit and truth. If the Holy Spirit is in you (and if you've accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior, it is.) then you should be getting to know the Lord more and more and if you know just a few things about God, how can you not worship Him all out?! When I think of who God is and all He does I must lift my hands and sing praises to Him. Why? Because He is so good!!!

My challenge to you is worship God your way. He deserves your best, so give it to Him. If you feel led to jump, then jump. If you feel led you close your eyes, close your eyes. If you feel led, to raise your hands, then raise your hands high! If you feel led to bow down, then bow down. Worship Him unafraid and unashamed because you have nothing to be ashamed of.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." - 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)