6.16.2011

I Will Praise You!

"I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High." - Psalm 9:1-2

I read that verse last night. It really couldn't have come at a better time. I most definitely needed a reminder that God is good all the time regardless, and He deserves all of my praise. Really He deserves much more than my praise but that's about the only thing I can give Him.

Yesterday I was given a few trying things... and it was a rough day but I went to church and released it all and really forgot about it. Then, I got home and that's when I started having issues again. I had someone say some not very nice things to me and they hurt mostly because this person never made an effort to get to know me so I felt like I was being judged and condemned and I was just tired emotionally and physically. Matthew 11:28-30 says,

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

A good friend reminded me of that verse last night and then this morning I woke up and it was the first verse I read online (definitely a God moment!!!) and I really was just thinking, you know so many times I don't give God my all and put like no effort in at all and then when something difficult or hard happens then I start to get closer to Him. I forget that during the process of things trying times will come and sure they might hurt and I might not be too happy with it but its in those times that everything becomes so clear to me.

I have realized that truly at the end of my life all I will have is God. Nothing and no one else. Same for you. At the end of your life all that will remain is you and God. That's not something to regret or waste. There is a quote that says, "The more time you spend with God on earth, the more time He will spend with you in Heaven." - Unknown  I love that! Because I just think that's an amazing way to put it!

I just want to encourage you to keep God first and give Him your all and remember in trials and persecutions and things like that, its in those times that everything becomes clearer. I will give Him all my praise because He deserves it all. Even the worst of time He never leaves me! Ever! And He never leaves you either. Truly, nothing can separate us from the love of Christ!! If you are facing trials you should read James 1:1-4 its a passage that always brings me comfort and builds me up anytime I read it. I love you brothers and sisters!! Stay blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)