6.20.2011

Just Be Like Him!

So for those who don't know me personally, I can be a people pleaser at times. Not all the time... really I would say depending on the person (for example, my mom) I will try extremely hard to please them (her). And at times I'm really torn because I want to live for God, I want that person to like me.. and love me, and I want to do what Jesus would do.

The other day I was having a really hard time day and I was praying that God would just give me the strength to get through it. As I was praying this came into my head, Stop trying to make people think you are _______ (fill in the blank) and just be who God made you, eventually they will figure it out.

That's one of those moments I'm like, "Jesus! Wow, You are good!" Really letting that sink in I realized how hard I try to please certain people and how I just want them to be happy with me. I don't like having anyone unhappy with me. But what I am learning is that God accepts me as I am and if I am in need of a change He will show me and help me to change if I am willing. If God can accept me just as I am (a complete and total hot mess!!) then other people will learn to do the same. I don't have to go out of my way to make anyone think I'm "cool" or "amazing" or whatever. The best thing I can do is be like Him. That's my goal is to be just like the Lord so that when people see me they actually will see Him. I believe God will help me each and every day be more like Him and in that become who I am created to be.

So I just want to encourage you to walk with the Lord and in His ways and just be who He made you to be, strive to be like the Lord, and be content with that. God's best is the best. Amen! Stay blessed! :)

1 comment:

  1. I must tell you that reading through some of your posts shows that you think often... and deeply. When that is bolstered by God's Word His Spirit will guide you. Bless you Tara and keep writing... that is a good way to express yourself and it will help you stay healthy!

    P.R.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)