6.23.2011

Less and less...

"He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less." -John 3:30

We live in a very selfish, self-centered world. We live in a world that says "Do what you can for yourself." instead of saying, "Do what you can for others." What's sad is that its not just people who don't know the Lord that live this way, but people who do know the Lord live theirs lives more for themselves than they do for others. I've been guilty of living this way, but God has renewed my spirit and set my heart on fire for Him and I no longer desire nor want to live this way and so each day I choose not to.

See, in our minds we think that the things of this world are so amazing and we want, want, want and everything is "mine, mine, mine!!", but really we should give, give, give until there is nothing left. Give to God and then give to others. Until we begin to see as Job did that when everything is taken away, when all we have is gone, God is still there and truly He is all we NEED, we will live our lives the same way the world does. Psalm 9:10 says, “Those who know Your name trust You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You.” Did you catch that? God never forsakes those who seek Him. Meaning that if we keep our eyes on Him and live for His glory and not our own, He will not forsake us. As we begin to flee from selfishness and worldliness and live for the Lord Jesus He will become greater and greater in our lives.

Through many difficult situations I have learned to completely trust the Lord. When everything that mattered most to me was taken away, I found that God really is the only One I truly need and I found that throughout many searches, God is Who I want the most. I want Him to become greater and greater in my life and I want to become less and less because without Him there is no good thing in me. Let go of the world and the lies it likes to spread and begin seeking God and living according to His Word. In the end it will all be worth it. Stay blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I love this!
    Being filled constantly with His life takes constant emptying of our own.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)