6.21.2011

My Joy Is Complete!

My heart is extremely happy. I mean happier than I have ever been in my life! I was thinking about this yesterday, and I know it is because Jesus Christ in me has made my joy complete. In a lot of areas in my life I am right where He wants, of course there are always places that need improvement, but God is showing me truly that in every single thing that happens in my life, if I am obedient to Him, He works everything together for my good! (Romans 8:28)

I've read many times in the Bible that if you trust God and live for Him and obey Him, your joy will be made full (or complete). John 15:11 says, "These things I have spoken to you that your joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be complete." That verse fits my life perfectly. Basically Jesus is saying, "I have told you everything in this Love Letter not to punish you, leave you out of things, or  hold you back but to save you and give you have true, lasting joy." That's my interpretation of it at least.

I've had many moments in my life where I have been sad, depressed, angry, weepy, etc. but this is my first time to be truly joyful and it last longer than a week. That's God right there! No matter what has been thrown my way this month (and there have been some interesting things happen) I have had this joy within me throughout it. That's the Lord. Completely and totally Him.

To have full and complete joy you must be in His will and walk in His ways even when its hard and satan is attacking you. Even when your car breaks down on the interstate and it takes the tow truck 20 minutes to get there making you late for an appointment. Or when your ex calls you and is a complete jerk. Or when you need something that just simply isn't there. I have full joy in knowing that God is always there, no matter what! Even when life is hectic and crazy God has got you. Trust Him. Your life will be blessed because of it.

1 comment:

What ya' got to say? :)