6.14.2011

The Starving Baker

This is the story of the starving baker, i'm not exactly sure where it came from but its not mine and I take no credit for  it. :)

There was a man who was a baker and had this amazing bakery. He made cookies, cakes, pies, pastries and all of them were incredible! People lined up for hours to eat of his wonderful creations. One day people started noticing that this baker was getting thinner and thinner, so they watched him for a few days and noticed something... he fed everyone, cleaned, served and did all these things yet he never took the time to feed himself. He became the starving baker.

Spiritually we do the same thing a lot of times. We serve and feed the people around us but we never stop to feed ourselves. Spiritually we deprive ourselves until we barely have anything left. God did not design us for that at all. The one thing that is not selfish at all is to make sure you have a quiet time with God everyday. Sometimes that means saying no to someone. As hard as it may be (I know that if a friend asked me to hang out and I needed to spend time with God I would be somewhat bummed, just being honest). It's something you must make time for. I told a friend last week, sometimes I'll tell myself well i'll spend time with the Lord tonight... what do you think happens? I end up either never doing it, or being so tired that I wish I had spent time with Him earlier.

Don't become the starving baker. Feed yourself spiritually and don't let anything get in the way of you and the Lord. Have a blessed day!! Love you guys!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)