6.23.2011

"You Were Born For This"


"God still performs miracles today, but I don't think I'll be apart of one on this earth." That was my thinking a few weeks ago. I mean I've never thought much about miracles except that I know God can do them if it His will to change someone or something miraculously. As far as how He did them and who He used I didn't have a clue really. When I saw this book I thought, yes I must read that! What better way to understand something a little better than to get knowledge on it? So I got the book and started reading. Let it be known that Bruce Wilkinson is one of my favorite authors and I will read anything by him. I think God speaks amazing things through this man. This is one of the best books I've ever read. There is so much information in it regarding not only miracles but also Bruce talks about how to be the person who expects miracles to be done, if it be God's will, each and every day and what a true godly person looks like.

I've read many interesting things but one particular thing has stuck out to me in this book (aside from the fact that God can use me to do miracles in people's lives) was in Chapter 3 where he talked about Heaven. We all have our view of Heaven in our mind... how we think it looks like, what people are doing, etc. and for some reason I didn't really think about what God might be doing while we are here on earth. Here is a quote I really liked, "While most of us think God is still resting from the demands of Creation week, the Bible shows another picture. He has a real-time, right-now agenda on earth." Could not have said it better myself! God is not resting in Heaven, He is doing work. And He chooses to use us to help Him accomplish this work here on earth.

As I have read this book I've noticed God changing many things within me. My attitude is changing, my heart is changing, and just the little nudges that we all know God gives us at times (you know, like when God tells you to talk to someone but you are nervous or afraid to.) I have been able to say, "Yes, Lord." God has helped me get out of my comfort zone and Bruce talks about some things that will convict you and make you want to get out there and tell the world about Jesus and help with miraculous things all by asking people one simple question, "What can I do for you?"

I encourage you to pick up this book. It has been a blessing and has left me with a really great attitude and a lot more knowledge and wisdom than I had before I read it. God bless you!

Note: I received this book for free from Waterbrook Multanomah Publishing's Blogging For Books program for review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)