7.29.2011

Erasing Hell by Francis Chan


I just finished reading Erasing Hell by Francis Chan and I must say it was one good book. Not an easy read though and here's why.

Hell is not an easy topic. Period. End of story. It's not an easy thing to hear, read, or talk about but yet it vital to each and every person on this earth.

Francis takes you through the beliefs that are true and false about hell and goes in depth with the reader as he talks about where hell is, what it consists of, and who will go there.

While reading it I came to an even greater thankfulness for the love of Christ and the Cross and Abba's grace for His children. I think this book is a necessity for any person (believer and non-believer alike) to read. Why? Because we may think that we are in the Father and know Him, yet Jesus told us in Matthew 7:22-23 that "Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name and in Your name drive our demons and in Your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me you evildoers!'" Jesus said many people will think they followed Him and yet have missed it entirely. I don't want that to be me, I don't want that to be you and I pray that God the Father and Jesus Christ reveals to you whether you are a follower of Him or not. And if it be that you are not that you will become a true follower of Jesus Christ. That He reveals Himself to you each and every day of your life.

I encourage you to go find this book and read it. There are questions at the back that go along with the focus in each chapter about hell, answered rather well if you ask me and there are notes after each chapter that will help you see clearer while reading this book. May God bless you abundantly and may we, His children, praise His name. 

3 comments:

  1. I've seen this book before. But I never thought of picking it up and looking at it. I don't have money to buy it right now, but maybe I'll look into it. I know I don't want that to be me either(or you) and I'm trying to become who God wants me to become. I try and spend time with Him everyday(like you said in your last post) and I've been successful(some times more successful than others, but I try). I believe I've become closer to Him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was an awesome post. I saw on Facebook a friend post a link to a youtube video where Francis talks about his book.. Sounds like a tough one to read through, but whenever I can, I'm going to Lifeway here in KC and I'm going to find that book..

    Thanks for posting (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this book before, but now I want to read it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)