7.22.2011

Gone, But Not Forgotten...

Today marks one year since a dear friend (really more like a family member) died. He was my Pops (we weren't blood related, but try telling me and if he were here, him, that. :) I didn't have the privilege to know my grandfather, but this man came into my life when I was 2 and he and his wife were no doubt the most loving, incredible, God - fearing people I have ever met and became second grandparents to me. Tears fills my eyes just thinking about them.

People ask questions like, who is someone who has influenced your life the most? Who has been the most Christ-like example in your life? Those two people always come to mind. I've never seen anybody that when you were going through a tough time, didn't matter what was going on in their life, they would take you under their wing and nurture you.

I remember two years ago, I fell in the bathroom and hit my head really hard. It was 9 o'clock or so at night, my family called them to take me to hospital because no one who could at my house and they told me to come right up. They took me.

I was going on a camping trip and didn't have a sleeping bag to take, guess who went and bought me one without even being asked to? Yep, they did.

Who came to my house and comforted me when my grandmother died just one week after her husband died? She did.

I remember spending countless hours talking with Pops about life, what he's learned throughout it, his views on things, amongst other stuff. I miss those times.

Needless to say they both have shown me the love of the Father and there's no doubt in my mind that one day I will see Pops again in Heaven. So while I'm sad he's gone and he is dearly missed, I am comforted by my Abba knowing its not goodbye forever.

R.I.P. Pops.

If you don't mind, dear brother or sister, please pray for their family on this day especially his wife who is left behind for a short while. Thanks. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)