7.08.2011

Life, In Spite Of Me



Have you ever felt like life is too much? Like there is so much going on and you can't possibly get through this life? Has suicide ever played around in your mind? Kristen knows exactly how that feels. She felt this way and ended up climbing onto some train tracks to end the madness. But God had bigger plans for her.

While reading this book I laughed, cried, found myself nodding my head along with Kristen as she shares her journey of finding the love and joy of Jesus Christ through such a tough time. I would encourage any believer to read this book, to just remind you of the love of God. And I would definitely encourage anyone who has or is contemplating suicide to pick up this book.

I want to remind you that if you are feeling like life is too much remember that God is right there with you and He loves you dearly. Never let satan tell you the lie that God doesn't. Don't believe the lies! Jesus loves you as you are and will meet you right where you're at. If you need someone to talk to you can leave a comment below and I will gladly talk with you, there are also resources that can help you. God bless you.

"For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith." - 1 John 5:4

Note: I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Plublishing Group for this review.

2 comments:

  1. I have felt like life was too much, and some days I would feel depressed, although I haven't thought about suicide, sometimes I felt like nobody cared about me and I haven't been eating as much on days where I felt like that, and I started losing weight, I already am thin, but I felt better when I lost weight. I am trying to get stronger in my faith, but don't always know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post(:
    I've been through some tough stuff, and it honestly, sucked. But no matter how "suck-ish" it got, I trusted in God to get me through it.. because I knew that He's the only one that ever could.. I know life's tough, but with God, we can get through it.. and then share with others of God's faithfulness.

    @Heather, I'll be praying for you. and if you'd like you can always talk to me, or if you have a facebook, you can find me on there(:
    www.facebook.com/katelynfrye

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)