7.25.2011

Sitting Still And Being Quiet...

I've been growing so much in the Lord and its so amazing!! I've learned that He is my Abba (Daddy), and that He loves me like none other. I'm still getting to know Him and His love, but my prayer life, I would say, has been really good (always room for improvement and growth), but meditation... not so much.

I was thinking over the weekend (really the Holy Spirit was pointing this out to me) that I don't listen as much to Him as I need to. I mean actually taking some time and on purpose sitting quietly in His presence and simply listening. This morning I came across something that was talking about how I spend so much time talking and praying, but not as much time listening to God. I was like, oh my goodness! That's so right and I know that's You Lord! Psalm 46:10,

"He says, "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.'"

How many times a week are you actually quiet and still? How many times a month do you sit down and just listen to His voice and what He's telling you? Do you ever just sit there and enjoy His presence? Don't worry, I'm not condemning you at all. I'm asking myself these same questions.

My challenge to you is to spend some time at least once this week just sitting quietly, no ipod (maybe have some worship music playing softly in the background), no phone, no tv, no internet. Just you and the Father and just ask Him to begin to speak to you. Then... listen. I will be doing the same. Can't wait to hear what the Father tells you!! God bless you all.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the challenge! I am going to do this.
    I really like your blog- Thank you for sharing your strength and I look forward to following.

    My story is at http://dylananddepression.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)