7.01.2011

Surrenderd

Life... we all have one. And we have just that, only one. What we do with it is our choice. The good Lord has not forced us to accept Him and because of that we have choices. We choose whether to follow Him or not. I've been having this conviction though... I have chosen to follow Christ. But am I really following Him? Let me explain.

I haven't truly lived for Christ (following God's Holy Word) like I need to and should. I just now (like in the month of June) got right with the Lord. My eyes have finally been clearly opened and I have seen the error of my ways and turned from them. Does this mean I'm not gonna fail? Certainly not. But it does mean that I will do everything in my power to live for Jesus Christ to the very best of my ability.

I've told a couple people this, the girl who was here this time 3 months ago is dead. She is gone and not coming back. This girl here is new. She realizes that she is living for the Lord and seeking His glory not her own and therefore in everything she does, though she fails all the time, will continue to seek the glory of her God.

I have finally realized that my life should be that of total and complete surrender to the Lord and if it's not then I must begin to wonder if I am really following the Lord at all. If you are trying to manipulate things to go the way you want them, then are you really following and trusting God? I had to think long and hard about this a few months ago and will need to evaluate myself consistently to make sure my heart and life is in the right place. I would encourage you to do the same.

Let me tell you, placing my trust in Jesus Christ at times may not be easy, but I know He has my back, that God works all things together for my good (Romans 8:28) and that what He said He would do, He will. If you haven't decided to fully trust in the Lord and follow Him I would say you need to.  It will most definitely be the best decision you've ever made! Don't be misled, truly following God is not easy. It will take discipline and effort. However, as I said earlier, it will most definitely be worth it to be able to spend the rest of your life with the Lover of our souls. :) God bless you.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." - Hebrews 13:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)