7.16.2011

Weeping With Good Reason...

Living in the South, football fans are crazy. No lie, they are crazy for their team and will do pretty much anything to cheer them on and support them. One thing I shared with someone this past week was how messed up it is that when someones favorite team loses, they cry over it. How messed up is that, that when something as small and meaningless as a game is lost, people will shed precious tears over it??!

A while back I prayed God would break my heart for what breaks His. He indeed has and is doing just that. Romans 12:15 says, "Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep." I would say most Christians have the rejoicing with those rejoice thing down somewhat (there is always room for improvement), but the weeping with those who weep... hmm.. not so much.

I'm not gonna waste my tears on something so meaningless. You can cry for a lost football game (baseball, hockey, soccer game; or a stinking chipped nail! lol) whatever... but I'm gonna cry for the lost, the orphans, the poor, those who are my brothers and sisters and are being neglected. I will weep with them, I will pray for them, and I will do what I can, and even what I can't because I know through Christ, I can do all things. (Phil. 4:13) I hope and pray you will join me.

Let's spend a little more time focusing on cheering on our brothers and sisters in Christ and a little less time on the meaningless things of the world. God bless you in rich and amazing ways.

1 comment:

What ya' got to say? :)