8.02.2011

I Want To Live A Simple Life...

I want to live a simple life.

This has been on my mind for a couple weeks. God has been working a lot in me about how privileged I am. That's not a bad thing. God has blessed me and I thank Him daily (not near as much as I should) for all that He has given me, but my heart has been burdened for those who have very little or nothing at all. I see their faces when I'm online, walking around, and about to go to sleep. I hear in my head, They have little... you have much, what will you give? Will you give at all? Do you even care?

Do I care? I can say I follow Jesus and love Him and want to be His hands and feet, but eventually action must take place. I can say I love Him and love His people but do I really? Does my heart say that? Does my life say that?

Honestly answering... no. My life has not said that. I have much, yet I give little. I dislike many people and I hurt those that love me most. I am broken. I am a sinner. I am a stinking hot mess!! God has forgiven me though. Abba loves me. He has taken care of me when I least deserved it and continues to do so every day.

I want to live a simple life. A life that I give all that I have to Christ and let Him give it to whom He chooses. A life that speaks of His love and shows that love to every single person I come in contact with. A life that mirrors Jesus' so closely that people must know Him, to know me. I want to give everything away to my Abba and if that means giving everything I have to the people around me who have nothing, then let it be so.

I just want to love Him and love others and live a simple life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)