8.15.2011

NOT Perfect, Just Forgiven

Sometimes I am foolish and plain stupid. Yes, this is true.
Sometimes I say "crap" or "freaking".
Sometimes I make a joke that ends up hurting someone's feelings.
Sometimes I am too busy looking at the speck in my brothers eye to see the plank in my own. (Matthew 7:3)
Sometimes I am selfish and greedy.
Sometimes I let my actions do the talking and the words they say are not the right ones in God's eyes.
Sometimes I gossip about people.
Sometimes I am stinking hot mess and need God to help me out before I have an emotional breakdown. ;)


These are just a few of the things that I do that are not right. In the words of Paul,

"For I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh. For the desire to do what is good is with me, but there is no ability to do it.  For I do not do the good that I want to do, but I practice the evil that I do not want to do." - Romans 15:18-19

That's my life. I say all these things not to make it sound like they are okay, or that they can be overlooked and not dealt with, but to say that I am NOT perfect, just FORGIVEN. I am not saved by my works or the things I can do (cuz honestly I can do nothing apart from Christ), but to say that is is by God's grace that I am saved and forgiven.

My prayer is you know that too. That no matter what you've done, if you repent He is just and faithful to forgive you (that's what His Word says!) And that you will see that even when you mess up, even when you try to work your way to Him, its okay. You must know you can't work your way to God. If you believed that, you need to forget it and ask God's forgiveness because you simply cannot work your way to the Father. He loves you just as you are. How Awesome is that?! He loves you just as you are. He will change you, you don't have to force it. Let God do what He does best. Let Him love you and shape you into His image each day. God bless you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)