9.20.2011

Transformation vs. Change

So I was talking about this the other day with someone and discussed it in Sunday school and wanted to share with you guys. The topic.. 'Transformation vs. Change'.

Change is defined as: to make or become different.

When someone is changed they become different in an area or many areas in their life. It can be as simple as changing your hair or changing your lifestyle, but in some way you are a little bit different.

Transformation is defined as: A thorough or dramatic change in form or appearance.

My definition and thoughts on transformation are simply, completely different. Not the same. Change can affect only one area in your life, but I believe when you are transformed you are totally different. Transformation is way more dramatic and radical than change. Not that either is bad, but what I've come to find is that many people who have accepted Christ have changed, but not allowed God to transform them (myself included). Romans 12:2 says that we are to not be of this world, "but be transformed by the renewing of your mind...". We say we have accepted Christ, that He lives in us and we in Him, but only a few areas in our lives have been touched. Why? Because we are unwillingly to completely abandon ourselves to Christ and allow Him to transform us (make us completely different from the way we were).

I had to pray today and will continue to, that God will transform every area in me and that I will not be so stupid as to hold only half of me up to Him and say, "I surrender." That means nothing. I want to be so radically different from the way I was that people say, "What's different with her?", "What happened to her?" and I can say simply, "Jesus transformed me to be more like Him." Will you let Him do the same? Have a blessed night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)