10.28.2011

Like a child... open your eyes and trust

Tonight has been a lovely night spent with the Lord in prayer and worship and reading His Word.

I highly recommend spending a good hour or longer one night a week at least (in addition to your quiet time) to just sit in His presence and unwind. :)

So as I was just enjoying time with the Father, He began to speak to me. First through a song, where He was telling me that He cares for all my pain, all the things I've gone through and will go through, and He's not angry (I too sometimes forget who He truly is and think He's angry with the choices I've made) because He cares for me.

Then, He then led me to 1 Peter 5:7 which says, "Cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you." Wow... so I can just let go of all the stuff that's been bothering me, or weighing on my shoulders and He'll take care of it? Yes, He most certainly will.

After that, I read Psalm 131 which talks about a childlike spirit.

And that got me.

God began speaking to me and showing me my life. He was telling me about how down I've been, how I've lost my wonder at all His creations and love and I've lost the newness He's given me because I have allowed the world to tear me down.

He began telling me that He said He has overcome the world and will help me do the same. He told me that if I opened my eyes, I would see the beauty around me. And so I did. I opened my eyes and began to tear up.

Why?

Because I just experienced my Savior in yet another way. And you know what? It was beautiful.
My Savior... He is so beautiful.

Open your eyes. Stop worrying about that job you really want, that school you want to get in to, whether that girl or that guy will ever come into your life, and just trust Him as a daughter trusts her father and mother.

Trust that He really does love and care for you and will work everything out for your very good.

Open your eyes.

Look around, see the beauty God has placed around us, allow yourself to be in awe if only for a few minutes. Be a child.

I am proud to say I am a child of God. I love you all!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)