11.28.2011

Honestly?

Fake people annoy me.

I am a fake at times. I annoy myself.

I had no intention of writing today, or at least not about this, but you know.. God had different plans.

This morning I got up (thanking God for that!) and did what I normally do. I went and read some of the blogs I follow. I read a few and then came across one that I nodded my head with at the beginning and then completely disagreed with at the end.

Before you judge me as a "holier-than-thou" type... I don't like that term really because we are to be holy because God is holy. I am NOT perfect at all. Period. Only by God's great forgiveness can I sit here and share with you what He's taught me. Now... I can really get started. ;)

As I was reading this blog (for personal reasons I am not tagging the blog because they are actually a lovely writer), I see them talking about being a real, authentic Christian. Not being a fake. That was the part I was right there with them on. The part that lost me was not the really the fact that they said that they say the f-bomb all the time or even our God's name in vain (okay that part did make me angry). No, the part that really got me was that they said, "That's who I am. Let me be honest and open. I lead Bible studies, but I cuss all the time." It wasn't the fact that they cuss, really, but that they tell me that they knows it's wrong. They know it's something their not supposed to be doing and they continue to do it. That makes me sad for him or her and angry for the people who I know will be mislead.

I am not perfect. I make mistakes every single day. I am not defined by my mistakes. I am defined by Him. I am defined by His grace. That being said, if someone is struggling with something, that's only natural, but my Bible (do correct me if you've read something different) says to put to death the former things of life (old life) and accept the new life we have in Christ. We must surrender ourselves daily and take up our cross daily and when we fall down, we must get back up and keep pressing. One of the crosses I take up daily is my battle with food. I like food a lot and sometimes just eat to eat, but I know this is wrong which means I have to surrender this every day so that I can be made holy like my Savior. I also have to take up the cross of my mouth. I like to talk. I can open my mouth sometimes and talk too much and say things that would've been best left unsaid.

That is honesty.

I applaud them for being real and at least telling people what they are struggling with, but to have no intention to try and be more like Christ bothers me because they have already claimed His name.

I have had a hard time writing this post because I don't want to come off as being judgemental or condemning because that is not what I'm doing. I am sad that this person has believed the lies of the enemy.

Don't believe the lies. You cannot follow Christ and stay the way you were before you met Him. Yes, it's hard, but it's so worth it. Allow Him to change you today and every day after. It's a process. Just because you mess up doesn't mean you should give up. Let Him pick you up and keep walking with Him. Have a blessed Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)