11.03.2011

Living Close to God (when you're not good at it) - Review

So I read this book by Gene Edwards called Living Close to God (when you're not good at it) and it was a really great book.

Basically Gene tells you what he did to experience God even more in His time in His Word. The main key to it is slowing down. That was something I needed to read and think about because a lot of times I don't slow down and read His Word, but speed through it and then wonder why I didn't feel it 'come alive'.

If you're looking for a good, easy read then I'd say you should go buy this book. I read it fairly easily because Mr. Edwards doesn't confuse you with big, over-whelming words or theories. He simply writes what the Lord puts on his heart and it turns out being simple, yet profound.

Note: This book was given to me for free by Waterbrook Multnomah for reviewing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)