11.30.2011

My God never will... change!

I like change. A lot. For instance, I got my hair cut yesterday and it's a pretty nice change. (Yeah I just wanted to share I got a haircut ;) )

I get a thrill from change. I thrive from change. Only if it's good though. Bad change... I don't like that so much.

I like making new friends. I don't like losing them.

I like going to a new place. I don't like leaving.

I like experiencing and trying new things (that are right). I don't like getting hurt.

Those are just a few of my 'good change', 'bad change' comparisons.

This year has had a lot of change for me. Both good and 'bad' (really it wasn't all too bad because God worked it all together for my good *Romans 828*). I got to deal with the loss of a family member and one that might as well have been in my family. I got my first boyfriend. I got my first heartbreak. I experienced true, lasting grace for the first time (JESUS!). I have learned a lot in regards to change and I thank God for that.

However much I may like change though, when a huge wave comes crashing down on me, I need stability. When I'm broken and on the floor I need Someone to hold me and say it's gonna be okay and mean it. That stability is the Lord. He doesn't change. When I do, He doesn't. That's awesome!! I'm so thankful!

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." - Hebrews 13:8

The same yesterday, today, and forever. Wow. That means His love, grace, forgiveness, heart, who He is, NEVER changes. So when you're doing through life change, He isn't and never will.

Remember today that no matter what you're going through God is going to be there with you to take you through it. Always and forever. Love y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)