11.18.2011

Surrender now... and for the rest of your life...

Lecrae put on twitter today:

"Repentance is a continual act. It's a lifestyle not just a moment in your life."

Amen!!!!! Could not have said it better myself.

See today we have lots of youth services, mega-churches, "Jesus clubs", etc. and at the end of each one you hear a really passionate preacher or evangelist talk about how if you're living the wrong way you need to come to the alter right now and repent and then they go on their way.

Don't get me wrong, if it weren't for services such as these, I might not be saved. However, I can't help but wish that people would understand that while you are surrendering right then, that doesn't mean that that is the only time you surrender. If you're confused... it's not the only time you surrender to God.

I wish someone had told me that a few years ago. I didn't really know too much about it (it being surrendering to the Lord and living for Him), I didn't really understand that every single day I must die to myself. I thought you did it once and that was it. Not so.

This year I went through the process of understanding what it means and what it looks like to be a follower of Jesus. Plainly stated, you're either all in or all out. Jesus does not want lukewarm recruits (followers), He wants completely and totally committed followers. You are either on Jesus' side and living for Him or you are on Satan's side and living for him. Simple as that. So... whose side are you on?

It's never too late to give Him full control. What we as followers of Him must realize is we need to surrender every single day. Not once a week, or once a year, every day.

Once I got that... once I realized that Jesus wants all of me or none at all, I began to be more blessed. (Side note: Don't misunderstand, the Lord wants and desires you because He loves you so much, but if you're only gonna put in half the effort, then you need to wait until you are ready to give Him everything... and that day will come. I pray.)

When you give Jesus full control you begin to live the life the Lord has always wanted you to live. The life He created you to live. That is truly living. So what's your choice gonna be? Don't rush, take your time, make sure you really want to live for Him and if so then surrender to Him right now... and then continue to do so every day for the rest of your life. I love y'all family!! Stay blessed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)