11.11.2011

Temporary...

"You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." - C.S. Lewis

That quote.. wow. God has been using it to wreck me. And when I say wreck.. I really mean it.

Everything is temporary. We've heard this so many times... but have you ever thought about it for real?
Have you ever gone past the surface, and dug deeper into that? No? Well me neither... until this week.

This week I started thinking about it. And some of the thoughts that I've had are actually mind blowing.

The first time I ever heard that quote from C.S. Lewis I completely disagreed with it. I'm not entirely sure why.. part of it had to do with the fact I've never thought about it in those terms so it was new to me. I refuse to accept something blindly... sometimes I refuse to accept the truth... I like to either forget about it (like I did) or dig deeper (like I've been doing).

Have you ever thought about how these bodies of ours are not coming with us to Heaven?
I thought about that for a good hour 4 nights ago.

What I've started to realize is, this body is not gonna make it past this earth. Who I am is not found in the way I look. Who I am is found deep within me. In my soul. I am a soul. I have a body.


"Your beauty should not consist of outward things [like] elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold ornaments or fine clothes; 4 instead, [it should consist of] the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very valuable in God's eyes." - 1 Peter 3:3-4
 
I must've read that verse a million times and never really thought about who the "hidden person of the heart" was or is. I just thought it meant, be a good person, try to do the right things... don't lie, cheat, etc. Now that my eyes have been opened I see what it really is saying, we should not focus so much on our appearance.. our body. Instead we need to be focusing on our soul. Because in the end that's all that is coming with us to Heaven.
 
Our soul = our life. Jesus = life for our soul.
 
Stop focusing so much on your body. I know, I too spend a lot of time obsessing over how thin I want to be, how pretty I am or want to be, etc. but I see now all this stuff is temporary. Except... my soul. God has saved me. He has saved you. Let Him work in your soul so you can get to that "gentle and quiet spirit, which is very valuable in God's eyes." Love y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)