12.07.2011

A gift given without knowing...

I sat on the swings and watched a mother with her daughter.
She was teaching her daughter how to slide. The little baby just wasn't understanding it.
After about 5 or 6 tries the baby girl finally got it. She began sliding all by herself.
The mother then began to jump up and down and scream, "Yes! She did it!". I smiled.

While I was walking away God began speaking to my heart. Touching the very core of me.
He told me that that's how it is when He's trying to teach us something and we just aren't getting it. Once we finally get it I think He looks at us and says, "Yes! She finally got it! That's MY Child." :)

That lady didn't know it, but she gave me a gift without even knowing it. I'd been needing a reminder of my Daddy's love that day and seeing the way she interacted with her daughter blessed my heart so much.

Parents don't realize how much of an example they are not only to their children, but also to the people around them. There is something to be said for someone who loves their child regardless, disciplines them lovingly, and does everything they can to be a better parent each day. Those people are my examples of godly parents. I pray when I get older I could be such a person to my child.

Of course it's Christmas time and everyone is talking about giving. Today remember that maybe you don't have to go completely out of your way to bless someone (though be willing to do so) that maybe just your example will be a reminder to them of love, peace, joy, and hope.

Remember that we are to be giving and serve not just during this time of the year but all throughout the year. Have a blessed day loves! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)